Welcome to our Life..it's a crazy busy one, but that's just us! We have 7 kids, 3 daughter-in-laws, 1 son-in-law and 5 Grandbuttons!!! WITH #6 & & 7 ON THEIR WAY!!!! We came home on July 15, 2010 with our Princess Franceska Danielle, we hope you enjoy our life because we sure do!! God has just BLESSED beyond what we could have ever imagined!!

OUR BLOG WEARS PURPLE TODAY FOR ALZHEIMERS AWARENESS......PLEASE IF YOU CAN DONATE TO THE ALZHEIMERS ASSOCIATION...THIS DISEASE IS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT THAT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!!!

Friday, September 12, 2008

OK HERE IT IS!!!!!??????

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
OK bare with me, this is going to be long but I will do my best to not bore you to death!!!!

OK over a year ago God kept putting this idea for a Christian Childrens Book on my heart, but not having a whole lot of self confidence in that dept. I kept putting it off until one night during the time Steven was in Iraq, I could not sleep and it was really late so I decided to sit down at my computer and just write it down.

OK so it was written and I only showed it to a select few because of that self confidence thing again. It is titled, "GOD MADE ME IN CHINA". I won't tell you the whole story but its about a little girl that is adopted from China and while at sunday school she is made fun of for not looking like her mommy and daddy, brothers and sisters. The lesson learned is that God made us all different and that he loves each and everyone of us and that we should love no matter what a person's eyes may look like or what color their skin is. So there... you have a pretty good idea of what the message of the book is so then, after I wrote it I put it in an envelope and tucked it away.

Then about 3 or 4 months ago Rev. Buckner Fanning gave a message at our church and at the end of the service he spoke about his son's Stephens book that he had a few copies of , so I bought one. It was called "Believe in Make Believe". ( great book). On the back cover it had his email address and for all this time I kept thinking why don't you go out on a limb and ask him how to get started??? Well.... he is Buckner Fannings son and why would he want to be bothered by me right???? OK so three weeks ago I did it, I emailed him asking him to point me in the right direction and I told him a little bit about us and told him about the wait for our Franceska. Well to my SURPRISE he emailed me back within 4 hours telling me thank you for contacting him, told me he went to my blog and thought my family was beautiful , he even said that he and his wife have friends right here in San Antonio that have adopted from China. BUT the mose astounding part was that he told me that he forwarded my email to his PUBLISHER!!!!!

ARE YOU BORED YET????


So the next day the published VicToria Freudiger emailed me and was so excited to have received my email from Stephen and really wanted me to contact her. OMG!! OMG!!! She said that she had went to my blog and was very taken by my family and that adoption was something very close to her heart. 41 years ago she had gotten pregnant and had given up her daughter for adoption and that 2 years ago her daughter had contacted her. So now VicToria and her husband have 5 children and 9 granchildren, including the daughters son and daughter. This lady is amazing, she and all of her employees are Christians and this is truly their ministry. It is EntryWay Publishing and they are out of Plano, Texas. She and her staff will help me from editing, (since it is a grammatical train wreck), to illustration, help me with the decisions like hardback, paperback, where I want the words bottom of page, to the left , etc. etc. etc. The marketing department will then get my book on Amazon, in Barnes and Nobles, Wal Mart , contact adoption agencies,etc. And they will also have book signings, press releases and stuff like that. WHO KNEW ???? I am just ME, a country girl from La Vernia, Texas, and I am going to publish a book!!! Can you believe that???

I told her that there are several seminars that our agency puts on and that those would be perfect opportunities to promote my book. She then asked me about wanting to give my agency a proceed from sales. And I have thought about this , and I think I want a portion of the sales to go to STARFISH in China. (if it sells) And she said that if we get started that it could possibly be out by Christmas!! If all of this goes well , this could really help with the adoption expenses and our trip to China, and what a blessing that would be.

Anyway I know this has been long but I have to add just one more thing. Im my heart I truly believe that this is God doing his work in my life and I am again TRULY not worthy for the love he shows me. All of the credit goes straight back to him. I feel as though I have been sent to the perfect publisher and publishing company. I still can't believe that it is possible that I could actually publish my book. So thank you for sharing my news with me. All of you that follow along day to day with my life have became my extended family and each of you is so special to me. God bless you and your families.

Love and blessings, Kristy

p.s. PugMama it was so good to hear from you again, I miss you . When are you coming back???

48 comments:

Our Journey to Jadyn Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Journey to Jadyn Nicole said...

Kristy...This is great news. You deserve this! You are an amazing person and I love you very much! God sends us little blessings in may ways and this is just one of your little blessings.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!!! That is so exciting!! As a teacher, I can't wait to add your book to my classroom library. As a friend, my heart is singing for you. You are a talented lady!! Just imagine how many lives you will touch through your book. . .what a wonderful talent you have and what a wonderful way to spread God's love! Congratulations!

Jenette

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

This is SO excellent... of course I will need to buy a copy... and you will have to sign it... I know someone famous.. hehehe... congrats...

Pam and Jeff said...

Awesome!! I have really been thinking about this lately. Jeff and I teach four year old Sunday School. We have a Down Synd child, autistic child and another undiagnosed special needs and fourteen other kids. Some of other kids are now noticing the Down syn boy looks different. I have always tried to think about some answers for our future daughter when others make fun because she just looks different than the majority of a class. I did not ever think that I would be in this situation now. A book like you are describing is perfect. I am so excited. You can count on me to buy one!!!

Kathryn said...

Oh Kristy, that is the most awesome news!!!!!!!!! How exciting for you and what a wonderful news. I can't believe how great that is and I know people would totally want that for their children. I must have a signed copy also!!!!!! God has blessed you and your family in many ways!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy for you
Love,
Kathryn
(I tired to read your post sooner but the color was killing my eyeballs, thank you for changing it)

Lisa F (NJ) said...

Kristy......How awesome!!! I am so happy for you, and so proud of you that you had faith to follow this dream!!!!! I cannot wait to read it myself and ofcourse purchase my own signed copy!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!
Love,
Lisa

Kelley said...

That is fantastically awesome!!! You WILL agree to autographing copies of your book for those of us who already want to order one, right? I can't wait to read it. What a great post--I love how this all came about!

Deb said...

Kristy! I woak up and before we are about to drive to the airport to catch our flight I read your blog and had to take the time to tell you I was in tears ! That is WONDERFUL news! I am so happy for you! Goes to show us that Gods timing is perfect hey! I had to tell Shane right away and there were tears in my eyes as I told him because he says I should write childrens books and it really touched him too. What an inspiration you are.

I want a signed copy!!! And ps. stop forboding it's going to be a stellar of a book! I can tell by the title!!!!!!!!
What a dream come true!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Bailey said...

how exciting! i am thrilled for you, i can't wait!! i miss talking to you!

bailey

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic!

Sherri said...

Wow!!! Kristy that is just so wonderful. What great news...after I read your post yesterday I didn't comment because you said it wasn't a baby, I first thought a grand - baby maybe, then I thought maybe she's written a book. I'm so very happy for you and we will purchase a copy when it comes out, just knowing a famous person is awesome, but then to have you sign it as well is even better. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. I will also send that invite to you and thanks for wanting to be invited.
I love you!!
Sherri

Football and Fried Rice said...

I want to reserve a SIGNED copy right now :)

This is amazing & couldn't happen to a sweeter person!!!

Cyndi and Dean James said...

Congratulations...It was great hearing from you. Looks like you have a venture going on. Sounds great. I can't wait to see your book. :)
Hugs..
Cyndi & Dean James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com

Anonymous said...

Kristy, God couldn't have put this on a more perfect person's heart! You will be getting a great message out as well as a testimony for Christ for so many to see! God's will and timing is awesome and you are a wonderful example of how to follow His calling! I couldn't help but think about my little Zane. Your book will speak for all who may look or act a little different that what we are used to...but we are all God's children and he made each of us exactly how we are supposed to be. Zane may have Down Syndrome...but he is Exactly how God intended him to be! You are a true blessing Kristy & I Can't BELIEVE you kept quiet to me about this, but what a nice suprise!

Love you Girlhead and of course, reserve my copy (signed of course)

kitchu said...

That is SO great Kristy, congratulations!

OH MY #6 said...

WHAT? This is awesome. Oh my! Couldn't happened to a nicer girl than you. I am sitting here in tears.

xoxoxoxo

Lea

PS. come to Canada for a signing please!!

CONGRATS!

Steffie B. said...

Fantastic....let me knwo when I can get a copy.....I want one! ;)

Bravo girl.....
Hugs,
Steffie

The Johnson Family said...

That is so awesome!! I love seeing God work through his people!! I can't wit to read the book!!

Kim said...

AMAZING....
Love it..
You deserve this.. I can not wait to buy a copy..
I will treasure it.. and I would love to have it autographed too ...
Thanks for stopping by..
Hugs..
Have a Great Sunday..

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

Kristy,
What an amazing story. Can I order half a dozen right now????? I can't wait to see all of your hard work on paper. You will help our girls transition into their new lives and that is a blessing for all of us. Your gifts are our gifts. PLEASE let us know when it is available, the marketing strategies sound great, particularly for holiday time.

Thanks for being such a big fan of Claire, of course you can copy her picture! I think of you as the guardian angel of our trip to China. It was no accident that we met you and Frank during that special time(and then luckily, found you again). :)
Hugs,
Kirstin

RamblingMother said...

Congrats!! That is exciting and wonderful news!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for letting me know to come over and see this great news!! I read every word! Congratulations and this post was so beautifully done also.

I want a copy as soon as its available!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my Kristy...this IS big news! I have always loved your writing and I can't wait! What a wonderful way to spend your time waiting for your daughter. You are a blessing.

Staci said...

Hi, Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I came to your blog and read this- WOW!!! How amazing!!! Our God is an Awesome God!!!! I will be following your blog on your journey to Franceska and I cannot wait to get your book when it comes out! I'm so excited! :)

insanemommy said...

Holy moly Kristy! I am so proud of you!!! Thank you for putting this book out too. You can't know without me going into far more detail than I care to how much your message hit home with me. Thank you. Wow.... it couldn't have come at a better time too. I love the message you are sharing. No one should ever (EVER) be judged on the color of their skin, their religion or sexual prefrence. Not our to be judging... AGAIN, thank you!

Love always. Rony

Leslie said...

What exciting news Kristy. You so desever this too. Please let us know when and where we can purchase our copies. I'll do a post about it on my blog to let my other bloggy friends know where they can purchase theirs.

I can't wait. Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know to stop by.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

We'll you know I am doing the happy dance here ... Amazing, Fabulous, and totally a God thing ...

If they are looking for an illustrator (Jim Chapman ... artist for the Shoay and Dot bks is amazing .. He is like my brother and an adoptive parent) ...

Please keep me informed ... I love to see God move through us ordinary people !!!!!

mommy24treasures said...

wow wonderful!!!!! I of course want a copy too, My post just a week ago was about this very issue coming up in my daughters life.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????????? That is wonderful, and a dream of mine too! CONGRATS!!!!

Patricia said...

WOW!!!!! As soon as I read your comment on my blog I high-tailed it over here! :)

THis is just so WONDERFUL!!!! What a great story!!!

OK...so you know I will DEFINITELY buy a copy!! And PLEASE autograph mine??!! ;) When it's published, let us know & I will definitely post it on my blog!! (if that's OK with you, of course!!)

Yes, Kristy, God IS working through you to do His work!!!! THis is such FABULOUS news!!!
You are so deserving of this...what a great blessing!!
Hugs, girlfriend!!

Cyndi said...

Way to go girl!!! I can't wait to get your book and give it as gifts. God works through all of us if we just listen carefully.

Unknown said...

OMG!! I am so happy for your and for the adoption community to have another book for us! BELIEVE in yourself the way the Lord does and see what can happen? You're the best. So proud to know you.

Heather said...

Kristy - WOOOOHOOO! Congratualtions. What an incredible blessing and so meant to be. I have always wanted to write books, maybe this is the push I need. In the meantime, I will buy your book with pleasure and add it to our bookshelf. I am so happy for you, thank you so much for sharing this with all of us..we will certainly be sending everybody we know out to get it too:)

Have a blessed week!
Heather

Snowflowers Mum said...

great news! so happy for you, good luck with the book!!!!!

Don and Be said...

Congrats! I want to read it so I hope there's lots of pictures and no big words!

Pug Mama said...

CONGRATS!!! Let us know when the book is out!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! This is such exciting news and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. Can't wait to read the book, it sounds wonderful!

Michelle Rod said...

Amen!!! Congrats I am trying to read this and have to wipe the tears from my eyes....I am so happy for you!!!! I guess that will teach me to not check my email in awhile. A lesson that was hard for me to learn was....When God is a part of ours lives only YOU give limits, not GOD. Kristy YOU are blessed....
Love Ya- chelle

Carol said...

Kristy Congratulations!!!!

LaLa said...

What exciting news!!! Can't wait to see it!!

Mya said...

Kristy,
Wow! What exciting news! I can't wait to get a copy! I'll have to check in on your blog more often! It's just so hard to find the time these days for blogging. Feel free to use the picture if you'd like. Thanks for checking in.
Mya

Anonymous said...

Kristy, that is such great news. GOD has truly BLESSED you in so many ways.continue walking to the light infront of your footsteps it only gets brighter and brighter.For if GOD BEFORE YOU WHO CAN BE AGAINST YOU.He has some amazing plans for you and your family.Just when you think there is no way he can bless me with more.Then it happens. he finds some way to just blow you away.KRISTY, YOU ARE TRULY ON FIRE FOR THE LORD,AND HE KNOWS IT.GOD IS TELLING YOU. "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN NOTHING YET" SO GET READY THIS IS HOW MUCH HE LOVES YOU. LOVE YOU, LUCAS MARK RODRIGUEZ

Margaret M said...

Kristy,

I am so excited and so happy for you!!!! I can't wait to buy a copy of the book!!!! Maia at www.wanderersdaughter.blogspot.com is an illustrator and a new Mom to Flynn from China. It would be an amazing collaboration if she is not to busy with new motherhood. Hugs and just so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Every one is asking for a signed copy. I don't want a signed copy I want the original. I love you and I'll see you soon
Christopher

Michelle said...

Oh Kristy!! What wonderfully surprising news! You are truly a talented lady and I can't wait to read your book. I know your message will touch so many lives. What a blessing!! ~ Michelle

Kay Bratt said...

How amazing is that!? It must be a "God thing".

Enjoy the ride.

Kay

Troy & Rachelle said...

Hey Kristy long time no hear. I am so proud of you. I am not surprised at all about your book. I have always known that you would be a part of big things. I know that God looks down upon you and just smiles. I also know your family sit back and watch you with proud faces. We are so happy for you and can not wait to purchase your book.
Lots of love,
Rachelle